Is .NET Core Going To Replace The /NET Framework?
If you are worried that your application is on the .NET Framework, and whether it will become obsolete, you can stop worrying. Yes, .NET Core is indeed the future, but if your application is on .NET Framework, you don’t have to worry about it going away anytime soon. Microsoft will still be providing support to it.
Why .NET Core Was Developed?
NET Core was introduced by Microsoft way back in 2014. The goal was to make sure the learning that the company got from .NET Framework was utilized properly. That is why the .NET Core was brought in.
Some Of The Improvements That .NET Core Has Over the .NET Framework
So what are some of the improvements that the Core has over Framework? Here they are:
- A new version can be installed without breaking any existing apps
- The applications built with it are self-contained
- .NET Core is open source which is great news for developers.
Migration To the .NET Core
If you are on the .NET Framework and thinking whether migrating is going to be worth it, then the answer is clearly yes. There are many reasons why this is so. To understand why migration is a good idea, you need to have an idea about the clear advantages the latest version of.NET Core provides.
Advantages Of .NET Core
- Support provided cross-platform: This is one of the most interesting advantages developers like. If you have an application that has to run over many platforms, migration is the best choice. This is because cross-platform support is provided by Microsoft.
- Architecture is service-oriented: Because this allows developers to use a mix of technologies, each microservice can be minimized, which is great news. As newer microservices get added, .NET Core also becomes scalable.
- Better scalability and performance: Another big advantage of migrating to .NET Core is that you get better scalability and performance for the applications you develop. This is something worthwhile when there are hundreds of microservices being used.
Deciding On Migration
If you are wondering whether or not to take the leap and migrate for Microsoft .NET development, then it should be based on your needs and what they are. If you are for instance wondering whether all your apps will need to migrate, it depends on the kind of apps you have. It is best that you find out what kind of apps you have and whether migration will suit it by using the appropriate tools.
Yes, the Microsoft .NET Core platform offers much better services and amenities to developers but if you are thinking of doing so, then choosing the leading Aspire Software Consultancy to do it for you is the best option. They have the know-how about Microsoft .NET development and they can make the migration seem seamless and stress-free for your business so that it has the least amount of downtime.