Printer Cartridge Buying Mistakes to Avoid
Buying new toner cartridges cuts into your business’ supplies budget if you need to use your printer regularly. You may save money on cartridges by properly maintaining your printer and toner. You can save toner and money by adjusting your printer’s settings and cleaning the cartridges on a regular basis.
For all your printer consumable needs, you may contact Need More Ink, which is a very customer-oriented company and will ensure that you get your printer cartridges whenever you need them.
You can extend the life of your printer cartridges in the following ways.
- If you don’t need to print high-quality documents, set your printer to draught or economy mode. This setting consumes less ink but creates a paper that is still readable.
- Only print when absolutely necessary. You may not need a paper copy if you can keep an electronic copy of the document on your computer.
- Unless you really must print in color, print documents in black and white or grayscale.
- Switch to Century Gothic or Eco-font as your font. These typefaces use significantly less toner than fonts like Times New Roman or Arial.
- Use the printer on a regular basis to avoid toner drying out. If not used for a long period, cartridge nozzles might become clogged.
- When the printer is not in use, turn it off. When the printer is shut off, the cartridges are sealed to prevent the ink from drying out.
- Once a week, use your printer’s cartridge cleaning tool. This tool helps fix printing that is smeared or misplaced.
- To increase the life of unused toner cartridges, store them correctly. Until you are ready to use the cartridges, keep them wrapped in their original packing. Place the cartridges in a cold, upright posture.
- Large assignments should be handled by a printing company, especially if you need to print a lot of color photographs. It may be cheaper expensive to have the documents printed by a third party.
- When the low toner warning message shows on your printer, gently shake the toner cartridge back and forth. You may be able to print a few more documents as a result of this.
- Remove the toner from the printer and cover the window or drum with a small piece of masking tape. This turns off the low-toner sensor, allowing you to continue printing even if the cartridge is out of toner.
Also, avoid the following few mistakes while buying the printer cartridges:
- Buying any standard yield cartridge may be cheaper however, in the long run, this will not be a smart choice.
- Buying the wrong cartridge is also a very common mistake as each cartridge is meant for a certain specific model of printer.
- If your printer uses tri-color cartridges then if any of the ink is exhausted then you have to change all the cartridges unnecessarily, which will be waste of money.
- Always choose the cartridges based on your printing needs to save cost.
- If you print frequently, buying high yield instead of standard yield can save you some money in the long run.