Long-form content offers plenty of detailed information on the chosen topic. Its minimum length is 700 to 2,000 words and the upper limit depends on plenty of factors like the focused topic, intended aims, scope, and audience.
Writing long-form content needs critical thinking. It has to be well-researched and contextual. There is no possibility to stuff keywords on a single page. It has to display purpose and potential to rank high on search engines and readers must find it helpful. Long-forms include e-books, white papers, reports, articles, guides, and more.
Search Engine Optimization tips for long-form content ranking
- Initiate with keyword research – Focus on relevant keywords and even target low competition keywords.
- Choose long-tail keywords – Long-tail keywords are easy to rank and direct highly targeted traffic towards your website.
- URL optimization – Clean and short URL helps Google bots to understand the content and can offer a better user experience. Ensure to add the target keyword in the URL.
- Proper usage of the H1 tag – The visitors will see the H1 tag first when they visit your blog. H1 tag is generally the blog post title. It has to be short and to point offering a clear picture of the post content.
- Add interesting subheadings – Big chunk of text feels like a toil to read even if your content is amazing and headlines catchy. Add subheadings after every 150 to 200 words. Subheadings are H2, H3 & H4 tags contained in your blog post. Readers find it easy to skim the content using subheadings.
- Integrate internal links – Internal link comprises links connecting one page to another within your website. Smart bloggers use internal links to tell visitors and Google that a specific blog post is relevant.
- Add outbound links – Links from outside your website from relevant pages of an authoritative site conveys to search engines that your web page is of high quality.
- Title tag optimization – Proper optimization of title tag extremely improves page visibility and ranking on search engine searches. Make sure to add the target keyword in the title tag.
- Meta description optimization – Meta description is the snippet of 160 characters that summarizes page content. Optimized Meta description includes target keyword, brief and clear description, call to action, as well as enticing audiences to read the page.
- Incorporate multimedia – Content marketing does not mean only text. It even includes images, videos, diagrams, charts, and screenshots. It helps to increase the dwell time of visitors to your site. Keeps visitors engaged for a long thus reducing the bounce rate. Add some multimedia to enhance your long-form content.
- Add target & synonymous keywords – Add the target keyword in blog posts first and the last paragraph but never overdo it. You can sprinkle synonymous keywords and low competitive keywords across the content.
Perform proper SEO for enhancing Google ranking. Use the best practices as mentioned above! Australian Internet Advertising can help your blog attain more visibility, more traffic, more engagement, more social shares, and more backlinks. The best advantage is that users see you as an authoritative personal within your industry.